Many clear face masks come with fabric sewn around the side, but this 100% transparent one lets you show off your whole face while staying safe.
For some people, wearing a face shield is more of a necessity than convenience, and are recommended to buy the best clear face coverings. Having a mask that covers the nose and mouth can cause difficulty in certain situations, such as:
- People who read lips because they are deaf or hard of hearing
- People with certain health issues and disabilities
- Students learning a new language who benefit from seeing their teachers’ mouths
- Children or students who are learning to read
- People who need to observe mouth shapes to determine how to pronounce certain vowels, such as when singing
Masks are a simple barrier to help prevent your respiratory droplets from reaching others. Studies show that masks reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth.
You should wear a mask, even if you do not feel sick. This is because several studies have found that people with COVID-19 who never develop symptoms (asymptomatic) and those who are not yet showing symptoms (pre-symptomatic) can still spread the virus to other people. Wearing a mask helps protect those around you, in case you are infected but not showing symptoms.